Unit Managers: Please post a paper copy of this message in your area for people who do not have regular computer access.
June 2, 2014
To: UCSC Managers and Supervisors of Non-Represented Staff
From: Lori Castro, Interim Assistant Vice Chancellor, Staff Human Resources
Re: 2014-15 Salary Increase Program Administrative Guidelines
I am writing to provide you with the 2014-15 Salary Increase Program administrative guidelines. The program encompasses employees governed by Professional and Support Staff (PSS), Managers and Senior Professionals (MSP) and Senior Management Group (SMG) policy programs. As reflected in budgetary guidelines the targeted increase will be 3 percent. Our campus has chosen to utilize an across the board approach based upon eligibility criteria.
Senior Management Group (SMG) employees are eligible in accordance with the system wide SMG Program.
Professional and Support Staff (PSS) and Managers and Senior Professionals (MSP) are eligible for a 3% salary increase if they are:
- An active non-represented staff employee with a career or partial-year career appointment as of June 21, 2014 for biweekly (BW) or June 30, 2014 for monthly (MO) paid employees.
- An active staff employee with a contract appointment which includes salary plan eligibility subject to PPSM Salary Policy 30 as of June 21, 2014 for BW or June 30, 2014 for MO paid employees.
- Compensated at a rate that falls within the minimum and maximum of the assigned salary range.
PSS and MSP employees are not eligible for the 2014-15 salary increase if they are:
- Casual/restricted appointments, i.e. Student employees.
- Non-Represented employees not eligible under the UCRP guidelines, such as employees in limited appointments.
- Employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement or under a different salary program contract, i.e. UARC.
- Employees in a contract appointment which does not include salary plan eligibility subject to PPSM Salary Policy 30 as of June 21, 2014 for BW or June 30, 2014 MO paid employees.
The effective Date of the salary increase will be:
- June 22, 2014 for bi-weekly paid employees (BW), paid out on July 16, 2014 check.
- July 1, 2014 for monthly paid employees (MO), paid out on August 1, 2014 check.
The available pool of funds is 3% which will be used as follows:
- All eligible employees, as defined above, will receive a 3% increase to annual base salary.
- A salary increase through this program that results in more than a 25% overall increase for the fiscal year will require prior approval from the Principal Officer.
The web merit system will be used to implement the salary increase program. The program will calculate and pre-populate the 3% increase for all PSS, MSP and SMG eligible employees based on the above set criteria. Rosters will be distributed to campus divisional offices once the salary increase process has been completed and after final audits.
Questions regarding program implementation should be directed to Donovan Albright, Senior Compensation Analyst at 9-1328; Albright@ucsc.edu. Inquiries regarding program funding should be directed to Free Moini, Assistant Director - Planning & Budget at 9-4304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.