The campus is invited to participate in candidate forums for the Employee & Labor Relations Senior Manager (ELR) position within Staff Human Resources.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Staff Human Resources, the ELR Senior Manager serves as the primary resource for employee and labor relations, overseeing delivery of service to the campus in four primary service areas:
- Policy and collective bargaining agreement interpretation and advising;
- Performance management and discipline;
- Dispute resolution and negotiation; and
- Organization planning and management development and supervisor training.
The ELR Senior Manager provides the vision and direction of the entire employee and labor relations team and will be a key stakeholder in the future of the ELR organization as a whole. This position seeks to establish goals and objectives for the identified service areas and ensures that operational activities are consistent with these goals.
The finalists for the ELR Senior Manager position will be visiting the UCSC campus on January 21, 2016 and January 28, 2016. All members of the campus community are invited to participate in each of the open forum sessions outlined below. Separate sessions have been scheduled for Principal Officers and Executive Leadership. Participants will have an opportunity to meet the final candidates and provide input on their candidacy, which is an important step in the selection of a new leader for this area of our organization.
- Cheree Aguilar – Thursday, January 21, 2016, 8:30 – 9:30 am, Staff HR Training Room
- William “Bill” Voss – Thursday, January 21, 2016, 9:45 – 10:45 am, Staff HR Training Room
- Thomas “Tom” MacRae, January 28, 2016, 9:45 – 10:45 am, Staff HR Training Room
Candidate resumes are available here. Feel free to distribute this information to anyone on campus you believe would be interested in participating.
Questions should be directed to Search Committee Chair:
- Sabrina Shaver (831) 459-1853; email@example.com.