The UC Management Development Program (MDP) is a system-wide initiative designed to strengthen leadership capabilities in the following three UC Core Competency areas:
• People Management, or Manager Redefined at UCSC
• Employee Engagement
• Influence & Change Management
These three areas are important for managers in order to accomplish the UC mission by leading and engaging staff in the attainment of strategic and operational goals which enhance individual accomplishment and reinforce organizational excellence.
This is an energizing program relevant to the demands facing University managers, benefiting managers who manage other managers, supervisors, and leads of complex programs or projects. The program is designed for middle- to upper-level managers. Senior leaders also benefit and are encouraged to attend.
Participants in the program increase their knowledge of best management practices by:
• Learning from top professionals through interactive presentations, case studies and exercises
• Completing self-assessments
• Building action plans
• Developing an extended network of peers from other academic and administrative units who share similar challenges and experiences
The program on the UC Santa Cruz campus is comprised of three partial-day sessions completed over a period of three weeks. Currently, UCSC is offering two of the three Modules for the MDP Program.
2015 Management Development Program Cycle One Dates:
• Module 1: Manager Redefined (2 partial day classes) – February 11 & February 18
• Module 2: Employee Engagement – February 25
• Module 3: Influence & Change Management – TBD
For more information and to register, CLICK HERE!
Note: Supervisor approval is required for participation. After you sign up, an email will be sent to supervisors for approval. Please have your FOAPAL ready before you register, as it will be required at the time of sign-up.
For additional information please contact:
Training & Development Coordinator
MDP Instructor & Principal Technical Training Analyst